appimage-builder is a novel tool for creating AppImages. It uses the
system package manager to resolve the application dependencies and
creates a complete bundle. It can be used to pack almost any kind of
applications including those made using:
- Real GNU/Linux packaging (no more distro packaging)
- Simple recipes
- Simple workflow
- Backward and forward compatibility
- One binary, many target systems.
For information about the AppImage packaging format visit: https://appimage.org/
Having trouble? We’d like to help!
- appimage-builder at a glance
- Understand what appimage-builder is and how it can help you.
- Installation guide
- Get appimage-builder installed on your computer.
- Write your first appimage-builder recipe.
- When appimage-builder should be used?
- Learn the pros and cons of appimage-builder.
- Shell application (BASH)
- Gnome application (gnome-calculator)
- Qt/Kde application (kcalc)
- Multimedia application (VLC)
- PyQt5 application
- Path Mapping (GIMP)
- Gambas3 Application